In order to have the Technical Support answer a service request precisely and quickly, a description as precise as possible of the unclear issue is necessary. Below is a list of the information required by the Technical Support to respond to queries about iba products.
What should be included when asking for support:
- Give a detailed problem description.
- Give the answers to the following questions:
- Is it a new setup or was the system running without problems before?
- Which software version was used when the system was running without problems?
- What was changed before the problem occurred?
- Did you update the software version?
- Did you move the system to a new PC platform?
- Did you update the Windows operating system?
- Did you extend the system by adding new hardware or new interfaces?
- Did you do changes in the configuration of the system?
- Tell us what measures you have taken so far and the results.
- Attach a support file, screenshots describing the problem and in case the problem is related to a PLC system the PLC project.
- Tell us at what point of time the problem occurred.